Monday 28 September 2015

The Vale Primary Academy

My first time ever at The Vale Primary Academy in Knottingley, and what a lovely visit it was! Best bit of the day- having my own, personalised car parking space! Well...not strictly the BEST bit of my day, but a very nice way to start!

I worked with Y4,5, and 6 today, and they were awesome. I was teaching them about performance poetry and they picked it up no problem at all. Not only that, but each class devised and created a brand new performance poem each.

Year 4's was one entitled 'My Pet Shark' and went from being almost eaten by a Shark, to it turning into our friendly pet!

Year 5 wanted to write about a Platypus (?!!!), and ended up with a whole host of verses all about different animals that had escaped from the zoo in London, and the chaos they had caused. Birds pooing on the Queen's dress and shoes was my favourite bit - especially the bum wiggle to signify a bird doing its business. Brilliant!

Year 6 created a poem about a guy called Dustbin Drake (or was he actually a dustbin? Who knows? Does it matter? Certainly doesn't!). I learned a new word - 'scarfing down' for 'scoffing down'. I also found out that a baby's nappy is full of 'Piccalilli poo' (think of the colour...!).

So thank you everyone for a fab day. And I'll see you all on Wednesday (Ks1 and Y3 that day) before the final performances on Friday morning.

Fab!


No comments: