Thursday 21 August 2008

Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy Part 1





I read this a month or two back, and it was probably my favourite underpants story so far - it definitely had the most amusing (and annoying) character in Melvin Sneedley. I've just been reading on Dav Pilkey's website that Melvin was based on a real kid in his class - it makes for a funny story - go have a look at www.pilkey.com and go to his books. Underneath the 'What's it About' for this book you'll find the story about the real kid Melvin is based on.

My favourite part is when the head teacher comes in and wonders why everyone is dressed in waterproofs and has umbrellas up. A sneeze from Melvin and all is revealed.

I cannot imagine that there is an 8 year old boy in the world who would not enjoy these books. I would have. Heck, I do!

No comments: