Tuesday 8 July 2008

Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants

I have no idea at all where Dav Pilkey gets it all from. This is the fourth book in the series, but the second one that I have read. And it was really lots of fun.
Professor Pooypypants wants to unveil his new inventions to the whole world, but cannot get any scientists to listen seriously to his pitch. Having seen an advertisement for a job at George and Harold's school, he becomes the science teacher there. However, after a week where the kids have done nothing but laugh at his name he flips and shrinks the enitre school. Watch out for the name changing plan - extremely amusing and you start working out what your new 'silly' name would be.

I enjoyed Wedgie Woman more, but this was still fun. And from the reviews that I've read, it seems that Captain Underpants is a total phenomenon. I can very much see why. I cannot imagine which child this book would not appeal to!

No comments: