Sunday 31 October 2010

POETRY COMPETITION WINNERS!

After yesterday's poetry competition that I ran at the Wrenthorpe Methodist Church, here is the winning poem. I've also posted the poem that I chose for second place (I wasn't going to choose a second one, but it was such a close run thing that I felt it was only fair to). Thanks to Alice (my four year old) for her insightful comments on all the poems!

THE WINNING POEM...

Sweetys, sweetys as sweet as can be
Please buy a bag of sweetys for me.
A fruity one, a chocolatey one and marshallow too
It's a shame none of them are good for you!!!

By Aimee and Kacey


SECOND PLACE...

Bags are cool
Bags are great
Bags you can hold in any way

Girls bags
Man bags
Have an evening out bags

Purses and crossovers are lots of fun
Fashionable and girly
They make you glow in the sun

You need a bag every day
Every outfit
In every way.

By Alice (not my Alice, but the 9 year old Alice on the stall next to me yesterday!)


Well done to you girls, they were great poems! Keep writing, keep having fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

conrad i have got a poem for you to read.

Badsworth School

Badsworth school is fun
Badsworth school is amazing
Badsworth school is ace, ace ,ace

Im glad you came to stay

Badsworth school is the place to be im sure you will agree

From Chatterbox Ella