Monday 27 January 2014

A Crazy Week!

Wow! That was a very very very busy week! It seems like a hundred years ago since I was at St Mary's, but yet it was only seven days ago. And what a great time we all had (we always do at St Mary's) - even the men on top of the room DIRECTLY ABOVE THE CLASSROOM seemed to be having a good time - scraping and hammering and bashing and fixing. I nearly jumped out of my skin the first time that they bashed on the roof, but slowly I became used to the dull thuds that punctuated my storytelling. Kind of gave it some atmosphere, especially when we got to the part of the story where there was booming thunder! The Year 4 children in Miss Stott's class were absolutely fantastic and by the end of the day they presented a brilliant re-enactment of Erik Bloodlust and the Revenge of the Monks. Wow, they were great!

By Wednesday I found myself heading down to Walsall and Lower Farm Primary. Anyone watching through the office window would have thought Mr Bean was coming to visit - the way that I reversed up, and down (and up, and down...) the car park, looking for a space in the tiny area reserved for all the teachers' cars was, I'm sure, amusing. When I eventually found a space, I was rather relieved...only to be told by the caretaker that I'd parked in the head's space! I'm surprised I made it through the doors on time, but I sure did, and thus began a really fast paced, bouncing round classrooms kind of day. I worked on brand new stories with every year group in school, and they came up with amazing stuff. My favourites included Sausage, the Sausage Shaped Bird, Beardy Beard the Bird, and Rainbow, the Naked Bird. There were others, too, and they were great. But, teachers, if you're reading, please forgive me for Bottom Face the Bird - I have no idea how that happened!

And so, the week continued apace, leaving me gasping for breath (and my bed!) after a great day at Greystones Primary in Sheffield. I always have a lovely time here, and I'm always very well looked after, and Friday was no different. My goodness, those children are full of life, energy, chattiness, and ideas. They sure know how to keep me on my toes.

So thank you everyone, for a busy, fun week. And here we go again...Sheffield in an hour or two!


No comments: