Thursday 7 November 2013

Poetry Fun and Flockton First School's Christmas Fayre

Christmas is on the way...which means one thing...SCHOOL CHRISTMAS FAYRE'S. Now, in all honesty, they're not always fantastic. Some schools aren't overly well supported, some schools have stalls that look rather tired.

Not Flockton! It boasts just 80 pupils and yet was busier than school Fayres I've been to with four times that many pupils at the school. I was kindly invited by the school to read some of my poems to the children in a morning assembly, so I blasted them with 'I'm a Superhero', 'Mabel Mobbler' and 'The Biscuit Burglar.' Then I returned to school this evening for the Fayre, and ran a poetry competition for any children who fancied flexing their poetic muscles. What a great response! We even got some of the high school children involved, though they didn't win...sorry!

But there was a winner, and here she is...

It's a poem by Caitlin, in class 2, I think?!!!! Yes, it is. You'll see how I know when you read the following poem...


At School I am in Class 2
And it's right next to the loo
It sometimes smells
And I can tell
Who has been to the loo...


...IT IS YOU!


Written by Caitlin

Well done young lady! Enjoy all your goodies that you won (and mum - don't eat ALL the jelly babies...at least not in one go).

So, new friends made at Flockton, and a successful Christmas Fayre all round.

Night night. Time for me to get my head down...

No comments: