Tuesday 16 September 2014

WRPITT

Nope. I didn't know what that stood for either, until yesterday. The Wakefield Regional Partnership for Initial Teacher Training! It was pointed out that it also sounds like the noise a frog would make!

WRPITT! WRPITT!

In normal language, it means a whole bunch of clever people (38 in this case!) who are training to be teachers. And I'd been given the honour of teaching them a few things about writing yesterday morning. It boiled down to us all having quite a laugh, being rather creative, and ending the morning creating a story about a bird who had the voice of an angel and spat out an endless stream of skittles whenever he sang. Bizarre? Yup. Fun? You bet!

So never let it be said that teachers don't know how to have fun. And if you are reading this and you have a new teacher in your class in a school in or around Wakefield, it might be that that new person was on my course. Ask them for a skittle. See if they giggle? If they do, they were probably responsible for making up such a daft story!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not good at future planning. I don't plan at all. I don't know what I'm doing tomorrow. I don't
have a day planner and I don't have a diary.
I completely live in the now, not in the past, not in the future. See the link below for more info.


#diary
www.matreyastudios.com