Monday 1 October 2012

A VERY secret Secret Diary...

My secret diary is so secret that even I haven't been able to find it for a while...which would explain why I've not posted for a little while...

But I am still alive and still working in schools...lots of them.

I just haven't written about them.

But I have been to them.

Which is probably the best way round to be, if I had to choose. Because writing about my visits but not actually DOING the visits would land me in some hot water with head teachers across Yorskhire. Plus, it'd be pretty hard to write about a visit that I didn't actually make. If you see what I mean. Which you might not. Which is ok. It happens, farily frequently.

Anyway, here is my 'off the top of my head list' of what I've been up to...

1. Bought the entire series of 'Quantum Leap' on DVD last week with birthday money. Has there ever been money spent more wisely?

2. Ran a 'Boys 'n' Blokes' day, followed by a 'Girls 'n' Gals' Day at All Saints Infant School, Normanton on consecutive Mondays recently. What a great time we had, and how much the children made me laugh. Their comments on the feedback forms were priceless. Top of the list of suggested improvements was 'More Marshmellows next time' after the marshmellows for the hot chocolate at break time ran out!

3. Ran a three day writing event for the Juniors at Hallam Primary in Sheffield, where I'd been earlier this year in March. What a wonderful bunch of people they are down there - and to Hilary, the Year 6 TA, a huuuuge thank you and 'how did you DO that?' for creating a display so quickly I saw pictures of me doing stuff that I'd literally been doing only five minutes earlier. And as for the dragon...he hasn't got me yet!

4. Tidied out the cellar. This sounds like a job that might take a morning. It took Clare and I three weeks and ended up involving things like ditching nine bin bags full of baby clothes at the charity shop; emptying our wardrobes; booking in David, the best decorator in the North; and throwing away A LOT of stuff into a rather large skip. Good for the soul it was.

5. Got poorly TWICE leading up to and including the summer holidays, and missed TWO days of work - first time I've missed work since becoming self employed over six years ago. That's how bad I was. It was not pretty.

There is more, but I'm tired and so that's where it's going to finish. I would talk about the INCREDIBLE summer we've had...not weather-wise, you understand, but sporting superstar - wise. Ryder Cup team - a brilliant way to end off a sporting summer the like of which I truly believe I will never again see in my lifetime.

Goodnight one and all.

P.S. Oh, I should also mention that Poetry book number 3 is being written, and short story collection number one is being put together. Exciting times...

No comments: